More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Staff Software Engineer (React Specialist) owns the technical leadership and implementation for our team’s React frontends. We’re looking for someone with deep expertise in React and a passion for sharing that knowledge.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve provided an employee-focused response to COVID-19 where safety is key. As of July 2021, we reopened our Johnston, IA and Champaign, IL office hubs and now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home. Our San Francisco office will reopen this fall.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Build Typescript-driven React front-ends that will improve global agricultural sustainability across millions of acres
- Work on a small team with outsized impacts across Granular, and Granular’s parent company, Corteva Agriscience
- Have an impact on farms of all sizes in developing markets across the world
- Use some of the latest web development technologies, including a production deployment using Webpack 5 module federation
- Be a mentor and technical leader in Granular’s engineering organization
Who You Will Do It With:
- A small (but not for long) team working on a suite of digital tools tailored for locales and customers
- Backend engineers who are committed to building services collaboratively
- Data scientists building seriously impressive tools
- An entire engineering organization excited to improve the way we write React
Who You Are:
- You’ve got deep expertise in React, reflected by 3–5 years of experience or other ways such as open-source contributions, talks, etc.
- You’re flexible in your approach to software development and understand the challenges of delivering software on time and at scale
- You know how to diagnose performance problems in React and can help other engineers find, fix, and prevent such issues
- You write tested, encapsulated code that engineers at any level can easily understand and adapt
- You love helping engineers improve their skills in a positive, supportive manner
- You’re excited about working on a variety of greenfield MVP projects
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 10 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices when offices re-open
- As of July 2021, we reopened our Johnston, IA and Champaign, IL office hubs and now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home. Our San Francisco office will reopen this fall.
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.