More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us build machine learning models used by farmers to understand their operations and forecast their performance.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in San Francisco. Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work until it is safe to return to the office. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Design, build and deploy geospatial data pipelines and ML models, including crop yield prediction for millions of acres of agricultural land in the United States.
- Be a mentor and set standards within the data science team, especially when it comes to code quality and our approach to machine learning. You will work with our team to build systems that are well-tested, scalable, and automatable.
- In your first three months with us, you’ll make meaningful contributions to ML models that help farmers across the US forecast their yields and better manage their land.
- By your first year, you will have worked on several different projects that allow farmers to be better stewards of their land, and will have scaled them up across entire geographies.
Who You Will Do It With:
- We are a team of three data scientists and one data engineer. We love to learn from one another, and we work collaboratively on all of our projects. Our culture placed a big emphasis on code review, asking questions, and writing clean and maintainable code.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced Python programmer with 3+ years of professional data science experience.
- You write tested, encapsulated code that engineers at any level can easily understand and adapt.
- You know how to build and evaluate a wide range of ML models for both classification and regression.
- Experience working with geospatial data is a big plus but is not required. We also prefer candidates who've worked with AWS and Terraform.
- You're a phenomenal teammate! You have real-world experience with code review and mentoring other team members, and have worked closely with data scientists, data engineers and product managers in past roles.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 10 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices when offices re-open
- Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work. When it is safe to do so, our office hubs will be used for intentional, in-person collaboration but we will retain a flexible work from home policy
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.