More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Staff Security Engineer is responsible for the end to end security at Granular. You will work with all parts of the organization to ensure that we deliver a secure environment for our company and our customers.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work until it is safe to return to the office. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Partner with engineers to define, implement, and monitor security solutions
- Develop tooling and utilize 3rd party tools to monitor and secure our cloud infrastructure and application environments
- Collaborate daily with fellow team members in Cloud Engineering to drive best practices and identify innovative solutions
Who You Will Do It With:
- You will work directly with a small team but also have regular interaction with team member across the organization
- Fast moving team with autonomy to make decisions on solutions
- We are always looking for champions across areas of Security
- The team continues to grow as our security needs grow
- We are always working on developing the careers of our teams members based on where their interests align with our company needs.
Who You Are:
- Ability to develop security capabilities in support of automated engineering processes
- Ability to integrate security practices and controls into code deployment processes for infrastructure and application deployment
- Experience with automating security controls and remediation processes
- Ability to build and maintain security infrastructure using infrastructure as code methods and automated processes
- Implementation of security controls with focus on Cloud Environment and Cloud Applications
- Drive security initiatives by addressing current security concerns into the existing development workflow
- Experience working with engineers to share and implement security best practices
- Experience designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE or similar).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Expertise in Python or any other compiled language
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Salt, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust, effective, and high quality solutions
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience automating manual or time consuming processes
- Experience orchestrating build/deployment of complex, distributed applications is preferred
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodology is preferred
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 10 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices when offices re-open
- Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work. When it is safe to do so, our office hubs will be used for intentional, in-person collaboration but we will retain a flexible work from home policy
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.