More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Senior Accountant owns all work with Accounting, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A and other functional groups as required to support the finance department. The Senior Accountant will be experienced in use of NetSuite and Excel, possess a strong understanding of cross-functional impacts of transactions, general ledger GAAP accounting and be flexible and solution-oriented. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and lively team.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work until it is safe to return to the office. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Bank Reconciliations
- General Ledger Reclass
- Journal Entries
- COGS & OpEx analysis
- ASC 842 Lease Accounting
- Fixed Assets
- Depreciation Schedules
- Software Capitalization
- Prepaid Reconciliations & Amortization
- International & Intercompany Accounting
- Expense Management Administration
- Month-End Close
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Expense Reporting Auditing
- Accounts Receivable
- Collection Efforts
- Business Partner with International Team to support Global Accounting Operation.
- Assign Amortization Schedules for newly booked prepaid asset entries
- Support Treasury Functions (Wires & ACH)
- Assist in process improvement and automation projects.
Who You Will Do It With:
- Sales Operations
Who You Are:
- CPA/public experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Self-starter with the ability to set direction and work independently and run sophisticated issues
- Highly competent with ERP systems; direct experience with Netsuite strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills: Pivot Tables, VLook Up/ Index Look Up
- Shown familiarity with Salesforce.com, Bill.com, Certify and or Tallie
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and timely adherence to deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and follow them, as well as suggest changes where needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with confirmed ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 10 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices when offices re-open
- Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work. When it is safe to do so, our office hubs will be used for intentional, in-person collaboration but we will retain a flexible work from home policy
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.