More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to work with Accounting, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A and other functional groups as required to support the finance department. The Staff Accountant will be experienced in use of NetSuite and Excel, possess a strong understanding of cross-functional impacts of transactions, general ledger GAAP accounting and be flexible and solution-oriented. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Bank Reconciliations
- General Ledger Reclass
- Journal Entries
- COGS & OpEx analysis
- ASC 842 Lease Accounting
- Fixed Assets
- Depreciation Schedules
- Software Capitalization
- Prepaid Reconciliations & Amortization
- International & Intercompany Accounting
- Expense Management Administration
- Month-End Close
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Expense Reporting Auditing
- Accounts Receivable
- Collection Efforts
- Business Partner with International Team to support Global Accounting Operation.
- Assign Amortization Schedules for newly booked prepaid asset entries
- Support Treasury Functions (Wires & ACH)
- Assist in process improvement and automation projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- CPA/public experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Self-starter with the ability to set direction and work independently and manage complex issues
- Highly competent with ERP systems; direct experience with Netsuite strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills: Pivot Tables, VLook Up/ Index Look Up.
- Solid familiarity with Salesforce.com, Bill.com, Certify and or Tallie.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and timely adherence to deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and follow them, as well as suggest changes where needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists, and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and people here!