More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
Granular Insights is looking for a Customer Support Representative to ensure our customers are the most effective farm management technology users in the agriculture industry. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the customer’s champion and guide through a successful customer journey, by providing ongoing support and helping them utilize new product features.
- Support - work closely with the other teams to develop and build relationships with clientele as well as increasing client loyalty and retention.
- Field and resolve inbound support requests – including answering questions, troubleshooting issues, and finding/reporting bugs – using live chat, phone and email
- Make outbound calls, as needed, to ensure onboarding and usage success for growers
- Complete projects that meet customers' unique business needs in collaboration with Customer Success Managers
- Light touch training and support model to ensure successful utilization of the system by customers
- Contribute to support campaigns that lead our customers to success during critical periods of the year – planning, field operations, reconciliation, and reporting
- Proactively master the newest functionality. Your job is to know the use cases, workflows, how to’s, nuances, and future improvements of constantly evolving products
- Help translate the user experience from the front lines using key metrics, analytics, and anecdotes that allow the company to understand our strengths and opportunities
- Verify help documentation is translated/displayed appropriately for in-country use
- Share customer needs with the Product / Design team to help inform the product roadmap
- Support the Customer Success Team with ad-hoc projects to support our customers and improve the value they experience from our product
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written, intermediate level minimum)
- Direct experience and/or a strong professional understanding of the agricultural industry
- 2 + years of customer support experience or equivalent
- Previous experience working remotely 100% of the time
- Independent, self-motivated and able to remain efficient and productive without supervision
- Take ownership of key areas related to your responsibilities
- Resourcefulness and self-reliance
- Strong computer literacy skills: At a minimum an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, G suite and web navigation including basic troubleshooting
- Have a reliable internet connection
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- You work smart and efficiently while juggling multiple tasks and channels
- Customer-focused and adaptability to different personality types
- Good analytical skills in terms of recognizing problems and making decisions
- Personable and love speaking with others via phone, email, and chat
- Ability to adapt in a rapid growth environment
- Have Cross-Cultural Literacy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Previous experience with Gmail, Zendesk, Zoom and Slack
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!