More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need and makes farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to build the future of the Granular software-as-a-service (SAAS) products: Granular Business and Granular Insights. You will be a part of the team integrating platform services into our application to create a shared experience across Granular’s products. You will be responsible for forging the path to implement these integrations, working together with engineers in other products and offices to build a sustainable system.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Work closely with other developers, product managers, data science, and design to develop a high-performance, scalable web application.
- Create an application that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data about soils, climate, crop rotations, taxes, interest rates, and pricing to calculate the estimated value of an individual field.
- Work cross-organization to define a unified product experience.
- Mentor engineers and team members.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering leads to build out next generation architecture.
- Build thought leadership within the engineering organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-7 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Strong communication skills to work with other engineers across teams and product lines
- Proven experience building software with a focus on reliability, scalability, and performance
- Dedication to software engineering best practices, including unit tests, code reviews, and consistency
- Experience with Python3 and/or Node.JS web frameworks, such as Flask, FastAPI, or express
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Kubernetes cloud infrastructure management tools
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility; we are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible time off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
- Lunch and a fully-stocked refrigerator provided throughout the week
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA; Champaign, IL; Johnston, IA; Cumming, GA; and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!