More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a hands-on User Research Manager with experience conducting research in partnership with product teams, modeling user research best practices and leading/building a user research practice. This is a unique opportunity to learn about farming and agricultural processes while discovering solutions for an underserved customer base. You will support strategic research projects and help shape the vision and execution of product discovery at Granular, further honing our user-centered product practice. Your collaborators and main stakeholders will be product domain teams from across the entire organization, including Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineering Leads. You will also work with other roles, including Data Science, Marketing, and Customer Success. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional product domain teams to create and execute upon strategic research projects
- Translate business problems and ideas into testable claims to evaluate the value, usability, feasibility, and viability through user and customer feedback
- Help product teams assess risk and develop plans and methods to evaluate product ideas
- Review and enhance research question formulation, study plan creation, and method selection for product teams that are driving their own research projects
- Develop and review measures, including interview questions and survey items
- Train and guide product managers and product designers to conduct interviews and user tests
- Facilitate synthesis of research results with product domain teams
- Act as a resource and advocate for user-centered thinking throughout the organization
- Manage a research coordinator/associate user researcher, providing guidance on project prioritization and user research best practices
- Assess research needs within the organization, providing recommendations for org design and expansion
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6+ years of user research experience, 1+ years management experience preferred
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Mastery of user research and social scientific methodologies
- Strong understanding of data analysis methods, both qualitative and statistical
- Experience using various tools to collect, clean, code, and analyze qualitative and quantitative data; proficiency with Qualtrics and R preferred
- Basic understanding of design principles and front-end/UI technologies
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Willing to travel to our different offices and to visit customers on their farms (a few times a year)
- Familiarity with agriculture/farming practices preferred; enthusiasm required
- Experience balancing business and inferential goals
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a research-related field such as human-computer interaction, psychology or sociology preferred, or equivalent practical experience
Perks and benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!