More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team working on agronomy services. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Build new and enhance existing precision agriculture solutions used by product development teams and those in the agriculture business
- Grow your ability to design and build scalable .NET Core and Python services with AWS
- Collaborate daily with Engineers, Product Managers, Testers, and Delivery Leads to ensure that the right software is built and that it is built right
- Inspire and be inspired by your colleagues to achieve at a high level, push teams to deliver great results, and hold an optimistic attitude in all that you do
- Show a passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies, and results oriented thinking
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience developing highly scalable, reliable and performant backend services in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role with a pattern of achievement and growth
- Exceptional skills and knowledge of .NET Core, Python, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring, and the DevOps mindset
- Interest in working with geospatial data
- Critical thinking skills and the desire to develop new ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise that has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.