More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to sell Granular’s SaaS solution to the most progressive, competitive farms across North America. This is a consultative sales role in which you will be expected to serve as a trusted business advisor to your clients and help them make better business decisions using our software. We are impacting agriculture at significant scale and showing growers the power of information to run more successful businesses.
The ideal person is creative, energetic and performance-driven, and well versed in challenger sales methodology. You are equally comfortable interacting with techies in the office and farmers in the field, and are excited about the exposing farmers to the benefits of a new way of doing business.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise on a mission to revolutionize the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in [where]. We’re looking for self-motivated, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Exceed new business sales targets in your territory, through a combination of inside and field sales
- Manage pipeline development, account planning, forecasting, lead generation, engagement of prospects, resource utilization, and prospect negotiation
- Leverage content marketing opportunities and participate in relevant industry and Granular-hosted events
- Cultivate channel network in your territory, including agronomists, equipment dealers, financial advisors/CPAs, retailers and grain marketing advisors
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure successful post-sales handoff, implementations, customer satisfaction and success and account renewal
- Participate in product strategy definition with product team, serving as voice of the customer
- Aid in the training and development of future Granular sales team
- Travel as necessary to close business, potentially 25-30% of the time
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of closing sales experience at SAAS provider with a demonstrated track record of quota attainment. Proven “hunter” background with ability to sell to business owners and decision makers
- Experience selling software and technology products to SMB or mid-market businesses
- Agriculture experience not required, but must have interest in the space
- Familiarity with ERP, project management or business intelligence platforms
- Comfortable challenging customers and being a change agent to help them improve their operations
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with a focus on customer success
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively process complex customer requirements on both business and technical standpoints to develop compelling value propositions
- Excellent business writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Embraces change and comfortable with ambiguity given fast pace of growth and market in midst of active disruption
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Google Docs and related sales tools
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build more profitable and efficient farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. As the world’s leading FMS, Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/