More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Cloud to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of Granular's success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture!
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise on a mission to revolutionize the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in [where]. We’re looking for self-motivated, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Learn new skills and technologies while partnering with product teams to deliver scalable solutions
- Collaborate daily with fellow team members to drive best practices and identify innovative strategies for successful delivery
- Own, operate and manage production infrastructure with an emphasis on automation
- Manage and maintain our Kubernetes clusters and related applications
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Expertise with Infrastructure as Code in a public cloud environment
- Expertise with one or more of:
- Python, Java, Golang, or Ruby
- Experience using and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Experience automating manual or time consuming processes
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build more profitable and efficient farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. As the world’s leading FMS, Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/