More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise on a mission to revolutionize the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in [where]. We’re looking for self-motivated, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Manage infrastructure hosted in AWS and drive the establishment of best cloud practices.
- Design and develop tooling to improve the developer experience at Granular.
- Partner with other engineering teams to architect solutions to their most challenging problems.
- Improve our CI/CD process by contributing to our automated infrastructure review system, our build and deploy tools, and our terraform cookie-cutters.
- Provide guidance and training to other engineering teams with technologies we specialize in, including Kubernetes, Jenkins, and infrastructure management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is excited to learn new things.
- Enjoys full ownership of projects.
- Enjoys switching between software development and infrastructure management as needed.
- Is energized by helping other development teams.
- Has experience creating and configuring cloud infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar).
- Has experience with one or more of:
- Python, Java, Golang, or Ruby
- Building a Networked Application (Nginx, DNS, Certs, VPC, Subnets, etc)
- Building Containerized Applications
- Database Administration (Postgres, MSSQL, or MySQL)
- Configuration as Code (Salt, Ansible, Chef)
- Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- CI/CD Administration
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build more profitable and efficient farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. As the world’s leading FMS, Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/