More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We're looking for a Data Engineering / Data Warehousing lead to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of Granular's success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture.
What you will do:
- Drive definition, direction and implementation around Data Engineering / Data Warehousing activities as part of enabling sustainable Data Analytics capabilities across the organization
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and align technological decisions and standardization of tools
- Provide coaching and mentorship to the team in Data Engineering / Data Warehousing methodologies and best practices
- Optimize velocity and quality of Data Analytics efforts through application of DataOps and CI/CD techniques to data pipeline orchestration and management
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Data Engineering, Data Integration, and Data Warehousing skills
- Expertise with various database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, columnar, key-value, etc.)
- Strong experience planning, architecting, implementing, orchestrating, optimizing, and monitoring high-throughput ETL pipelines
- Experience with building Business Intelligence / Enterprise Data Warehouse systems
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system administration a plus
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience with data automation methodologies (DataOps, CD/CI) a plus
- Experience / knowledge of stream-processing tools is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists, and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise that has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin-off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.