More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Manage infrastructure hosted in AWS and drive the establishment of best cloud practices.
- Design and develop tooling to improve the developer experience at Granular.
- Partner with other engineering teams to architect solutions to their most challenging problems.
- Improve our CI/CD process by contributing to our automated infrastructure review system, our build and deploy tools, and our terraform cookie-cutters.
- Provide guidance and training to other engineering teams with technologies we specialize in, including Kubernetes, Jenkins, and infrastructure management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is excited to learn new things.
- Enjoys full ownership of projects.
- Enjoys switching between software development and infrastructure management as needed.
- Is energized by helping other development teams.
- Has experience creating and configuring cloud infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar).
- Has experience with one or more of:
- Python, Java, Golang, or Ruby
- Building a Networked Application (Nginx, DNS, Certs, VPC, Subnets, etc)
- Building Containerized Applications
- Database Administration (Postgres, MSSQL, or MySQL)
- Configuration as Code (Salt, Ansible, Chef)
- Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- CI/CD Administration
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise that has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA and Cumming, GA.