More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to sell Granular’s SaaS solution to the most progressive, competitive farms across North America. This is a consultative sales role in which you will be expected to serve as a trusted business advisor to your clients and help them make better business decisions using our software. We are impacting agriculture at significant scale and showing growers the power of information to run more successful businesses.
The ideal person is creative, energetic and performance-driven, and well versed in challenger sales methodology. You are equally comfortable interacting with techies in the office and farmers in the field, and are excited about the exposing farmers to the benefits of a new way of doing business.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Exceed new business sales targets in your territory, through a combination of inside and field sales
- Manage pipeline development, account planning, forecasting, lead generation, engagement of prospects, resource utilization, and prospect negotiation
- Leverage content marketing opportunities and participate in relevant industry and Granular-hosted events
- Cultivate channel network in your territory, including agronomists, equipment dealers, financial advisors/CPAs, retailers and grain marketing advisors
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure successful post-sales handoff, implementations, customer satisfaction and success and account renewal
- Participate in product strategy definition with product team, serving as voice of the customer
- Aid in the training and development of future Granular sales team
- Travel as necessary to close business, potentially 25-30% of the time
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of closing sales experience at SAAS provider with a demonstrated track record of quota attainment. Proven “hunter” background with ability to sell to business owners and decision makers
- Experience selling software and technology products to SMB or mid-market businesses
- Agriculture experience not required, but must have interest in the space
- Familiarity with ERP, project management or business intelligence platforms
- Comfortable challenging customers and being a change agent to help them improve their operations
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with a focus on customer success
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively process complex customer requirements on both business and technical standpoints to develop compelling value propositions
- Excellent business writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Embraces change and comfortable with ambiguity given fast pace of growth and market in midst of active disruption
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Google Docs and related sales tools
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!