More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion, and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to join our Granular Business team. You will build new features for the native mobile app and help advance our mobile architecture and frameworks. You will work closely with mobile, backend, and web engineers, along with Product and Design partners. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, dynamic, and creative team!
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Influence, build, and own product features and technical design.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and QA engineers.
- Engage in mentorship to develop and refine your skillset, while offering your own perspective.
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in a Lean/Agile environment, on a small team with light process.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit-tested and code-reviewed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Prior experience in shipping high-quality applications to the Play Store with at least one app currently listed.
- Attention to detail in code quality and translating design wireframes to native implementation.
- Knowledge of the Android platform and backward compatibility to Lollipop.
- Experience with Kotlin and native Android UI.
- Desire to gain experience in how mobile apps work in the real world, including unreliable network coverage, location services, different device capabilities, battery life, and performance tuning.
- User-centric approach to app development.
- Familiarity with API design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to take initiative and build strong, positive relationships.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field a plus, but we know great engineers come from many walks of life.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!