We’re looking for an experienced digital product director to lead a new team at Corteva Agriscience. This team will be focused on building software that enables the targeted application of Corteva’s products that treat pests, diseases and other threats to a crop’s health globally, saving farmers money on input costs and resulting in better environmental outcomes. This is a unique opportunity to work on first of a kind experiences that marry physical products with software, and significantly contribute to new crop protection product releases and create adjacent value streams for our customers. There are many opportunities for product ownership, creativity, and groundbreaking functionality. The most important qualities we are looking for are creativity, clear communication, and a constant push to create software experiences our customers love.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Join a fast-paced, smart, and fun team that is united by work that matters
- Own the product strategy for targeted crop protection software experience(s):
- Partner with the commercial Targeted Crop Protection teams to understand the TCP product portfolio including competitive analysis, product strengths and applications in order to extract the greatest opportunities for software to enhance the CP product experience for our customers and prospects.
- Develops and drives the long-term digital product roadmap w/ strong buy-in, prioritized focus and compelling rationale as to why or why not invest in specific features.
- Roadmap depicts novel ideas and concepts to solving customers needs and problems in a way our competitors are not doing today.
- Sets the vision for the team: develops a thoughtful, inspiring narrative for where the product should go — and the best path to get there. Can frame how any given product/feature supports the product vision
- Work closely with engineering, data science, and design to deliver on roadmap
- Understands the customer, problem space and his/her market by employing a variety of research methodologies - interviews, surveys, product analytics, market data, sales & churn metrics.
- Effective at crafting a research agenda to address unknowns and risks, distilling research results into insights and framing customer problems for the team.
- Viewed as the go-to voice of the customer within Corteva TCP and inspires confidence through depth of knowledge. Is a passionate advocate for the user, grounded in user data and research drive decisions.
- Effectively breaks down projects into discrete pieces that are anchored in customer problems and use cases, and are easy for the team to translate into epics and stories.
- Can chunk up work into milestones that are inspiring and easy for anyone (CEO, QA, sales rep) to understand.
- Great at prioritizing work based on customer impact.
- Has enough technical competency to describe the conceptual data model of his/her domain simply and accurately.
- Provide visibility and transparency through clear communication within the team, to other teams, and with senior management on the vision and strategy for your product
- Partner closely with the go-to-market team to deliver on usage and revenue goals
- Go-to-market product launch planning: product positioning, mktg collateral, pricing
- Set success metrics prior to product launch; actively monitor and evaluate and report to digital business leadership post launch
- Ability to influence and motivate others: our ideal candidate is able to align and motivate people to get the work done or take on brand new initiatives.
- Gets others excited about the product, product vision, and upcoming features.
- Infuses optimism through the company about the product and why we will win.
- Great PMs can influence an entire company in order to get big stuff done - from their direct product team, to the far reaches of go to market, the entire organization wants to get behind you as a PM
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Experience in data driven product development
- You have a strong intuition for UX and passion for understanding customer needs
- Desire to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for distilling complex technical concepts into their simplest form
- Ability to self manage, multitask and prioritize, handling multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent project management skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, must be comfortable with engaging in technical conversations
- AgTech/Ag experience/education is beneficial
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Learning and Development Programs
- Deep care about the fundamentals of what is important: Interesting + socially impactful work, professional growth within the company, love for our users, stability, consistent reviews, work-life balance where you show up as the best you.
Preferred: Indianapolis, IN, Alternative Options: San Francisco, CA or Johnston, IA
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster