More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) owns the customer relationship at Granular. Successful CSMs are technology-savvy individuals that work directly with farmers to understand their business, technical requirements, and partner with them to ensure successful implementation and long-lasting relationship. They love interacting with customers, solving problems and evangelizing the benefits of software and analytics in agriculture.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier startup team with proven entrepreneurial expertise looking to revolutionize the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in the midwest. We’re looking for self-motivated, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll get to Do:
- Engage with large grower clients, plan implementation, capture feedback and provide excellent support
- Manage and grow a portion of annual recurring revenue through renewals, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Deliver initial and continued product training to ensure customers are effectively using the product
- Identify problems before they arise and either address them on the fly or work with broader team to solve
- Analyze individual farm management processes to determine how Granular can be best address their pain points
- Collaborate with the Sales and Product teams to creatively problem solve on behalf of your customers
- Be the voice of the customer in terms of communicating improvements and new features to Product team
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ag experience and love for the industry is a must. That means you either grew up on a working farm, studied ag in college, or have worked in the industry
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in customer-facing role with technology company, consulting firm, or agricultural vendor/service provider
- BA or BS from leading university required, Master’s or Agricultural Specialty degree a plus
- Track record of academic excellence
- Detail and process oriented - analytical and structured in your thinking
- Outgoing, assertive and enjoy working with people
- Enjoy working with software and analytics and have knowledge of business software applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Apps and customer-facing software like Salesforce.com, Zendesk
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!