More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with exceptional backend or full-stack skills. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Build and enhance amazing precision Ag solutions for use by product development teams, farmers and those who support them
- Work with and improve upon software built from industry best precision Ag software solutions
- Drive the improvement of all aspects of products, technical as well as processes, to deliver outstanding results for our customers
- Inspire your colleagues to achieve at a high level, push teams to deliver great results and hold an optimistic attitude in all that you do
- Show a passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies and solution-oriented thinking
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience building robust, scalable API’s
- Experience or desire to learn Python, C#, PostgreSQL
- Experience building fully-featured web UI’s with React or equivalent frameworks is a plus
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Kubernetes and/or Amazon ECS
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring, and the DevOps mindset
- Motivated to explore and master a complex solution domain
- Interest in working with geospatial data
- Critical thinking skills and the desire to develop new ideas
- Strong testing orientation and ability to work well with test engineers
- Ability to influence others through the strength of written and verbal communications
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.