More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Staff Backend Software Engineer to join our team working on our shared services platform. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Collaborate daily with Engineers, Product Managers, Testers, and Delivery Leads to ensure that the right software is built and that it is built right
- Grow your ability to design elegant data structures, build scalable Python services, and electrify your colleagues with your mastery of AWS
- Demonstrate a desire to improve all aspects of the product - both technical and processes - and deliver outstanding results for our customers
- Inspire your colleagues to achieve at a high level, push teams to deliver great results, and hold an optimistic attitude in all that you do
- Show a passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies, and embracing the full stack engineer mindset
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience developing highly scalable, reliable and performant backend services in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role with a pattern of achievement and growth
- Exceptional skills and knowledge of Python, particularly with REST Microservices running on Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, or AWS ECS backed by PostgreSQL or DynamoDB
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!