More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Product (UI/UX) Designer to help design new web, mobile and tablet features for our Granular Insights software product. This is a unique opportunity to learn about farming and agricultural processes while designing solutions for an underserved customer base. You will lead and support design projects that help shape the UX and strategy for our newest product line. You will work closely with many teams, including: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Data Science. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Drive user research, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping and UI design for small to medium-scale design projects and support broader team initiatives
- Distill complex tasks and workflows into intuitive, simple experiences
- Define new design patterns, partnering with our design systems team to implement them in a scalable, extensible manner
- Transform high-level concepts into robust, high-fidelity designs across web, tablet and mobile
- Develop high-fidelity mockups and assets for your projects, as needed
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product domain team, serving as the team’s design partner through all stages of the product development process
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of product design experience
- Experience leading design projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Solid understanding of front-end/UI technologies
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Willing to travel to our different offices and to visit customers on their farms (a few times a year)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with small business software/ business tools a plus
- Familiarity with agriculture / farming practices preferred, but certainly not required
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!