More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team working on our Granular Business product. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Work closely with other developers, product managers, data science and design to develop a high-performance, scalable web applications.
- Create an application that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data about soils, climate, crop rotations, taxes, interest rates, and corn prices to calculate the estimated value of an individual field.
- Work directly with the product and design team to create a compelling user experience that is easy to use, and fast to implement.
- Build a workflow that is simple for our farmers to use, yet captures the complexity of agriculture.
- Scale the product and team. There is a need, and flexibility for, horizontal and upward mobility. Mentor engineers and team members.
- Work closely with Product/Eng leads to chart the path for next generation architecture.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of experience developing user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role, or a desire to grow into one with a pattern of achievement and growth.
- Proven experience building software with focus on reliability, scalability and performance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to collaborate with non co-located teams.
- Specific experience building complex software using web application technologies. Knowledge or desire to learn Python (including Pyramid, Django), MongoDB and PostgreSQL, Messaging systems is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration software, including AWS, DataDog, SumoLogic, CircleCI, Docker a plus.
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail
- Start-up experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise that has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.