More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They will be seeking options that are economically viable, enable them to earn a good living, and help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular is the leading software and analytics platform helping farmers meet this demand using software and analytics to make farming more profitable and efficient.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team working on our AcreValue products. No farming or agriculture experience required.
You will be an integral part of Granular's success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture!
What you will do:
- Work closely with other developers, product managers, data science and design to develop a high-performance, scalable web application for enterprise use.
- Designing and building an application our farmers can use in the office and in the field.
- Create an application that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data about soils, climate, crop rotations, taxes, interest rates, and corn prices to calculate the estimated value of an individual field.
- Work directly with the product and design team to create a compelling user experience that is easy to use, and fast to implement.
- Build a workflow that is simple for our farmers to use, yet captures the complexity of managing a professional farm.
- Scale the product and team. There is a need, and flexibility for horizontal and upward mobility.
Our ideal candidate:
- 7+ years of experience developing user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense for high-quality user experience.
- Significant experience with a variety of modern web application technologies.
- Specific experience with or desire to learn technologies including Python (including Pyramid, Django), MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration, etc. a plus.
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail.
- Background in analysis and visualization of geospatial data a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- The passion for revolutionizing the agriculture industry with your hard earned engineering skills!
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!