More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They will be seeking options that are economically viable, enable them to earn a good living, and help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular is the leading software and analytics platform helping farmers meet this demand using software and analytics to make farming more profitable and efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to architect and build the back-end of our flagship product, Granular Business.
What you will do:
- Work closely with other developers to develop a high-performance, scalable applications.
- Create HTTP interfaces to various databases and microservices to be consumed by native mobile applications and rich web SPA’s
- Design and contribute to interfaces between different systems through realtime and event-based methods
- Work closely with Product/Eng leads to chart the path for next generation architecture.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.]
Our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of experience developing user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building scalable API’s for a variety of client applications
- Experience with REST, GraphQL a plus
- Experience with BaaS technologies such as Google Firebase, AWS AppSync, a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to collaborate with non co-located teams.
- Specific experience building complex software using web application technologies. Knowledge or desire to learn Python (including Pyramid, Django, and Flask), and PostgreSQL, Messaging systems is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration software, including AWS, DataDog, and SumoLogic. Docker a plus.
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail
- Start-up experience a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!