More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to work on our growing sales team! This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in Johnston. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Outbound prospecting via account/contact research and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified meetings on a monthly basis
- Provide research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Produce high level of call and email activity daily
- Proactively continue company product and competitive product and market knowledge via website, online webinars, and marketing information
- Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an interest in agriculture and technology
- Has 1 year internship experience
- Has knowledge or experience in CRM/Preferably Salesforce
- Has the ability to work collaboratively in a high energy, dynamic sales team environment
- Is high stamina, with ability to look past short-term roadblocks and stay motivated for long-term win
- Is a master time manager. Ability to routinely prioritize tasks by their intended impact
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Salesforce.com a plus
- Is well-organized, self-motivated, competitive and driven by success
- Is at ease on the phone and able to engage diverse personalities
- Is driven and persistent with daily goals to succeed individually and in a team environment
- Is interested in gaining intimate knowledge of the agriculture industry
- Is creative and thinks outside the box to find and sell existing and new prospect
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.