More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Professional Service Data Specialist to make sure our customers are the most effective management technology users in the agriculture industry. You will be a responsible, self-starting individual who completes data projects on behalf of our paid professional services clients. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Master Granular Business product functionality and optimal customer data acquisition and entry methods
- Collect client data from various sources (spreadsheets, third party software, and office records) and organize according to the project requirements
- Enter and/or reconcile data into Granular Business on behalf of clients
- Communicate with the client and account manager throughout the project to clarify questions and share results
- Projects include assisting with account set up, monitoring and reconciling machine data, entering inventory delivery tickets, and entering historical records.
- For ongoing projects, meet data reconciliation and reporting deadlines
- Recommend additional services to clients based on successful interactions or if further pain points are identified during the project life cycle
- Help inform Account Executives and Customer Success Managers about available services project benefits, processes, and client impact
- Complete internal data projects and analyses to help enable our account managers
- Set up a project, communicate business and technical requirements, and execute project deadlines efficiently and accurately.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Direct experience and/or a strong professional understanding of the agricultural industry. This is a must, because to solve problems efficiently you need to know what business challenges our customers are addressing as well as how to relate to the industry culture.
- Strong background in project management or data processing
- High attention to detail and are good at organizing information
- Can comfortably use Excel
- Self-starter that can work independently and contribute to team developments
- Comfortable learning new processes every day - as a new but growing team we’re constantly evolving our work
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, esp over the phone and email
- You exude optimism, teamwork, and simplicity
- Work smart and efficiently while juggling multiple tasks and channels
- BA or BS from a leading university with a track record of academic excellence.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and people here!