More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to work on our growing sales team! This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Outbound prospecting via account/contact research and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified meetings on a monthly basis
- Provide research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Produce high level of call and email activity daily
- Proactively continue company product and competitive product and market knowledge via website, online webinars, and marketing information
- Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an interest in agriculture and technology
- Has 1 year internship experience
- Has knowledge or experience in CRM/Preferably Salesforce
- Has the ability to work collaboratively in a high energy, dynamic sales team environment
- Is high stamina, with ability to look past short-term roadblocks and stay motivated for long-term win
- Is a master time manager. Ability to routinely prioritize tasks by their intended impact
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Salesforce.com a plus
- Is well-organized, self-motivated, competitive and driven by success
- Is at ease on the phone and able to engage diverse personalities
- Is driven and persistent with daily goals to succeed individually and in a team environment
- Is interested in gaining intimate knowledge of the agriculture industry
- Is creative and thinks outside the box to find and sell existing and new prospect
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!