At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives. We also know that we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered communication assistant—to help the world’s 1.5 billion English speakers feel heard. So far, we’ve created a product that reaches 10 million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
Our product generates more than 350,000 recommendations every minute for our more than 10 million daily users. This creates the opportunity to perform data analysis spanning tens (soon to be hundreds) of terabytes of data at a time. Our Data team is anything but conventional. They build tailored solutions that are flexible and versatile to ensure our data is reliable and digestible to all parts of the business. As a part of this team, you will autonomously build solutions to complex, open-ended problems. If you enjoy building scalable, distributed, and performant data-crunching applications that make a difference for millions of users everywhere, while following solid design principles and high-quality implementation practices, this is the team for you! We’re looking for an exceptional data-focused Software Engineer to expand our analytics pipeline and propel data-driven decision making for our extraordinarily successful product.
- Quickly get up to speed on how our enrichment pipeline, index, and querying work, and begin to implement and deploy production changes to each of our subsystems.
- Work independently on complex features on any of the subsystems, and become the power-user of monitoring, logging, and alerting tooling.
- Have full, end-to-end ownership of your code and be able to handle and mitigate any customer-affecting issues.
- Work cross-functionally to strengthen the data-driven culture in all parts of the business and especially how it informs decisions about new features development and other product changes.
- Develop robust data-enrichment algorithms.
- Maintain code quality with unit testing and general code hygiene practices.
This is the right opportunity for you if…
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- You have solid software engineering fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures.
- You are an expert in programming for JVM.
- You have experience with distributed messaging services (e.g., Kafka), databases (e.g., Cassandra), computation frameworks (e.g., Spark, Hadoop), and building end-to-end Analytics/ETL pipelines.
- You are comfortable working with Linux, AWS, Docker, and Terraform.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you:
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Healthcare, 401K, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.