Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Growth team. Our growth strategy is based on a self-serve, product-led approach, and this role is a key part of it.
As a Senior Product Designer with a growth focus, you will help create exceptional user experiences to ensure our users get the most from Grammarly.
In this role, you will:
- Lead your area of ownership and proactively contribute feedback across our funnel, such as acquisition, activation, engagement, and monetization.
- Design growth systems, experiments, and new product features to connect our users to more value more often.
- Facilitate workshops that help you and your team develop winning ideas.
- Think outside the box and design novel solutions unique to Grammarly.
- Work within design systems and know when to go beyond them.
- Translate quantitative and qualitative insights into testable ideas.
- Mentor designers and cross-functional partners in approaching problems, moving fast, and producing high-quality, impactful outcomes.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of PMs, researchers, data scientists, engineers, and brand designers to ensure your designs are shipped on time and as designed.
- Share your designs with users and iterate on their feedback.
- Be an active contributor in identifying opportunities and stacking your team’s roadmap.
- Design alongside a fun, enthusiastic, and talented team of growth fanatics.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling to the hub where the team is based if necessary.
- Has 2+ years of experience designing on growth teams.
- Geeks out on gaming mechanics, psychology principles, and behavior design.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments - we’re not kidding.
- Delivers clear, intuitive, and delightful designs.
- De-risks through a swift feedback loop of continuous iteration.
- Enjoys a culture of experimentation.
- Is highly curious about user needs and business goals.
- Is passionate about the AI and productivity industry.
- Seeks research to develop hypotheses and inform design decisions.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Balances craft, critical thinking, and business needs to deliver meaningful impact.
- Advocates for the best possible user experience.
- Inspires teams to go beyond the status quo.
- Has strong opinions loosely held.
- Has a growth mindset and runs wholeheartedly toward a challenge.
- Has a burning desire to collaborate and drive projects to completion.
- Is inspired to do the best work of their life.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.