Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Key Account Principal to join our Customer Success team. Since expanding our mission with Grammarly Business, our enterprise product offering has helped teams craft strong, consistent, and on-brand communication, and we have tripled our number of B2B relationships. Effective communication is the foundation of the modern workplace, and Grammarly Business is poised to become the enterprise application of choice for organizations of all sizes looking to up-level their communication. This role would be critical to that mission.
As the Key Account Principal, your work will have high visibility. You will be a driving force of value and revenue growth.
In this role, you will:
- Own a named account list and develop strategic account plans to expand existing business.
- Drive revenue growth through proactive outreach to new and existing contacts within our existing customer base.
- Build relationships with and become a trusted advisor for senior executives and decision-makers across all departments within the company.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers’ businesses and challenges and consult on the value Grammarly provides.
- Engage with customers online, at in-person meetings and at company events.
- Work cross-functionally with supporting teams during the sales cycle (eg. product, finance, legal, marketing) to move deals forward and ensure customer success.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas of the product.
- Partner with leadership teams to uncover new product ideas and business opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team and customers are based.
- Embraces our MOVE principles–Move fast and learn faster, Obsess about creating customer value, Value impact over activity, and Embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Identifies ways to create new leads and other sales opportunities within existing accounts. Has experience working with various stakeholders, from senior executives of large companies to end users.
- Works to realize business value and expand customer relationships through deep knowledge of customer needs rather than a feature list.
- Builds strong relationships with people, understands their needs and goals, identifies creative solutions, and manages action items through to completion.
- Searches for reasons and causes. Has the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, make data-driven decisions, and use (sometimes incomplete) data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Has a proven track record of delivering very high value to their book of business.
- Has a solid understanding of subscription business models, including freemium, free trial, account expansion, and upsells.
- Actively advocates for customers, working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, marketers, and others to delight customers and help them meet their business goals while being empathetic to other teams’ processes and priorities.
- Relentlessly sets aggressive short and long-term goals and possesses a strong internal drive to achieve them.
- Actively contributes to voice customer initiatives, provides customer feedback to other teams, aids in prioritization, and follows through to resolution.
- Uses systems (e.g., CRM) to track all customer-related activities and deliverables, pipeline management, and revenue projection.
- Nice to Have: bilingual in Spanish.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected “On Target Earnings” (OTE) for this role by compensation zone are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
The commission portion for this role will be 35% of the On-Target Earning (OTE).
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.