Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Digital Designer with a primary focus on Web Design as part of our Brand Design team. The person in this role will work primarily with team members in the Design and Marketing organizations. This opportunity is for a designer who can adapt to our current processes and continue to raise the bar on creative excellence.
Grammarly’s Brand Design team is made up of Brand Experience and Visual Designers, Brand Writers, Content Designers, Standards Editors, Technical Writers, and Design Operations—including Creative Producers. In the Product organization, the Design team (Brand Design, Product Design, and Human Insights Research) has the unique opportunity to define how people interact with our product and how our brand comes to life across every touchpoint. We are passionate and nerdy about all things design—including typography, branding, motion, and all things digital (products, web, and emails).
As a multidisciplinary Web Designer on our team, you will collaborate closely with other Brand Designers, Writing and Content Designers, Growth Designers, Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Design Operations. You will deliver on prioritized product and marketing initiatives where web design can play a critical role in shaping and implementing our creative strategy. You will contribute to the Design Leadership team’s vision of how we continue to define, shape, and grow Grammarly’s Web Design Kit, which informs how we tell stories and drive value across our web surfaces. You will focus on how our web experience plays a significant part in how people become aware, learn about, and experience Grammarly before, during, and after they’ve used our product offerings. You also explore and maintain a strong point-of-view on how our existing experiences will evolve within a brand refresh. You will help shape how Grammarly’s brand becomes recognizable and notable as one of the best design-first brands in the world.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver work from start to finish autonomously as well as in a team, with a focus on responsive web design.
- Develop strategic storytelling by advocating for modern and forward-thinking web design while being aware of web best practices, technical considerations, and limitations–all while designing with accessibility in mind.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Marketing fluidly and flexibly while building trust in how we implement consistent and engaging experiences that drive results.
- Collaborate with all functions on the Design team to maintain a cohesive, consistent web experience wherever our brand comes to life.
- Ideate across creative landing page experiments that will be tested for performance.
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues who focus on building awareness and knowledge of product features across the web and digital platforms.
- Manage, maintain, and evolve our internal Web Design Kit that empowers partners from Design, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to build and optimize landing pages and new experiences.
- Report to a Brand Design Manager.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has a minimum of 6 years experience as a web designer on growing design teams.
- Has both web and digital design experience (working in a component-based design system and CMS (Contentful at Grammarly), understanding of video and motion, and foundational skills in visual brand design (typography, color, composition, and illustration).
- Harnesses solid written and verbal communication to encourage alignment across functions and departments.
- Is excited about working with ambiguity and being part of a cross-functional team.
- Approaches the design process without ego.
- Focuses relentlessly on our customers’ needs and wants and can add delight to any experience.
- Understands how to proactively seek and provide opportunities to improve the skills and experiences that will help elevate the work we do.
- Knows how to receive and give design feedback and improve quickly.
- Has skills in Figma, core Adobe Creative Cloud apps (AI, PSD), HTML, CSS, experience with CMS (we use Contentful), and as a bonus—experience with low to no-code platforms like Webflow and Framer.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.