Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Please note our Kyiv hub is currently closed, but we hope the time comes soon when we can reunite with team members there. We continue to provide support to our Ukraine team members displaced within and outside of Ukraine.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Germany, Ukraine, Poland, or Portugal.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Grammarly for Mac team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end development of a product offering that helps deliver Grammarly’s sophisticated AI system to Mac users. We aim to help users achieve their goals anywhere they communicate. That’s why have integrated Grammarly with the Mac platform: to make effective and mistake-free writing even more ubiquitous. This Software Engineer will work with a team of engineers fueled by creativity and exploration.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Software Engineer on the Grammarly for Mac team, you will build a new complex and multifaceted product offering, which will offer you opportunities for creativity and innovative problem-solving.
In your role as Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to creating the foundation of a robust and well-thought-out architecture.
- Innovate to break through technical limitations and deliver delightful features.
- Build non-trivial UX solutions with complex UI elements.
- Achieve minimum latency while working with complex documents.
- Ensure the product is performant by applying your knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Develop shared components used in different Grammarly product offerings built for Apple platforms.
- Use Swift, AppKit, and CoreGraphics in your work while employing best engineering practices.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based. Please note that our Kyiv hub is currently closed, and we hope the time comes soon when our team can meet again there. In the meantime, we will not require anyone living in Ukraine to travel for in-person time until it's safe.
- Has strong knowledge of Swift; OOD and OOP; and multithreading (GCD).
- Brings strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Is fluent in engineering best practices: code review, test coverage, and monitoring.
- Is excited about finding an optimal solution in situations of uncertainty.
- Enjoys fast-paced delivery and a consistent feedback loop.
- Has experience developing desktop applications that work with Mac Internals (preferred, but not required).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.