Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced finance professional to join our Strategic Finance team as a Sales Finance Lead. The high-impact role will report to our Head of Strategic Finance and support our Grammarly Business leaders with financial insights and outlooks to make informed strategic and operational decisions as the company expands its enterprise offering.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated, and dependable—and will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability.
As Sales Finance Lead, you will collaborate closely with our Head of Organizations Revenue, Head of Revenue Operations, and executives throughout the sales organization to perform financial and strategic analyses and processes that are foundational to supporting Grammarly Business.
In this role, you will:
- Build and drive financial planning for Grammarly Business, with responsibility for bookings and operating expenses, and report monthly and quarterly operational and financial metrics.
- Serve as a thought partner to our Grammarly Business leaders in their strategic and operational decision-making by providing analyses and key performance indicators.
- Partner on commissions and sales compensation.
- Collaborate on pricing and discounting guidelines.
- Assist with process and systems improvements to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has 8+ years of experience in a top investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, or corporate finance or FP&A role at a tech company.
- Is experienced with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models and working with SaaS sales teams.
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions, exhibits eagerness to learn, and has a bias toward action.
- Is a thoughtful collaborator and great listener who is keenly focused on understanding business challenges, building strong relationships, and driving even stronger outcomes.
- Shows high aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving that uses financial modeling, including strong skills with spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including skills in PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Is comfortable with handling large sets of data.
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with financial planning and enterprise resource planning tools (e.g., Adaptive, Anaplan, and Netsuite).
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.