Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Head of Total Rewards and People Operations who embodies our culture to join our People team. This role will build out and lead high-performing People Operations, People Systems and Analytics, and Total Rewards teams and ensure they work closely together to create a seamless employee experience at Grammarly.
As Head of Total Rewards and People Operations, you will be responsible for the tools, systems, and processes that drive an engaging employee experience at Grammarly.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a high-performing global team that consists of People Operations, People Systems and Analytics, and Total Rewards and develop and implement the global strategy and annual plans for these teams.
- Lead with an inclusive approach that prioritizes results and development of high-performing team members.
- Develop a competitive Total Rewards strategy that enables Grammarly to hire and retain key talent; develop practices to implement the strategy globally; and develop clear processes and communication that create a seamless experience for managers and team members.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with all employment-related aspects of the organization, including wage and hour laws, FMLA, EEO, etc.
- Partner with the Head of People to support executive compensation plans.
- Provide thought leadership and consultation to the executive team to evolve Grammarly’s Total Rewards philosophies and methodologies, including supporting policies, practices, systems, and external partners.
- Drive business results through the development of world-class reporting and analytics that help leaders understand the people-related opportunities across their organizations.
- Own and operate all compensation and benefits programs, ensuring the clear communication of policies, procedures, and results related to these programs and ensuring smooth and transparent compensation cycles.
- Implement and oversee people systems that drive a positive and seamless employee experience at Grammarly.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has experience working with senior executives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Is highly efficient, has strong attention to detail, is skilled at managing multiple tasks and managing their time, and takes ownership of their mistakes.
- Is proactive in finding opportunities to improve processes and policies.
- Feels passionate about connecting with people and building effective, trusting relationships with team members.
- Can be trusted with sensitive information and operates with a high degree of integrity.
- Is data-driven and brings an analytical mindset to problem solving.
- Thrives in a startup culture and likes wearing multiple hats.
- Is skilled at culture building and understands what drives engagement in the workplace.
- Is a strong communicator and has excellent written and spoken English skills.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust and give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.