Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model, which combines the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of gathering in person. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few times every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join our Tax team. The Senior Tax Analyst will report to our Senior Tax Manager in a high-impact role that will support a wide range of tax-related areas. This role will help with domestic and international income tax compliance, indirect tax compliance, tax aspects of financial reporting, and all other tax-related needs. This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization and have an immediate effect. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt to changes, and manage multiple priorities without compromising quality.
As Senior Tax Analyst, you will be an integral part of building the tax operation at Grammarly, which is growing and scaling quickly. You will work with teams across the organization and with external tax advisers, all within a detail-oriented environment where creative problem-solving is highly valued.
- Within your first 30 days, you will get up to speed with Grammarly’s vision, strategy, and roadmap. You will develop an understanding of the tax, accounting, and financial reporting processes.
- By month three, you will maintain the tax calendar to ensure global tax obligations are met, and you will assist with the tax-related month-end close and financial reporting process.
- By month six, you will proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and the automation of tax processes.
- By year one, you will master and continue to improve the tax process with little supervision and become the subject-matter expert for queries and concerns.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Can assist in reviewing quarterly and annual calculations for income tax provision; related financial statement disclosures; consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns; quarterly tax estimates; and other business-related filings prepared by external tax advisers.
- Can manage indirect tax compliance, including US sales and use, gross receipts, property tax, VAT or GST, and business licenses to ensure timely, accurate reporting and remittance with the help of external tax advisers.
- Can facilitate R&D tax credit study conducted in various domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
- Can assist in managing taxing authority audit and notice resolution.
- Can assist with the accounting close process: prepare, maintain and reconcile tax-related accounts in the accounting system (such as income tax, indirect tax, gross receipts tax, and property tax).
- Brings 4+ years of corporate tax experience from a public accounting firm or corporate tax department and has a bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax, or finance.
- Has—as a plus—a master’s degree in taxation, LLM, or CPA certification.
- Is a deeply analytical thinker with problem-solving abilities and can research complex tax matters.
- Works independently and as part of a team with all levels of personnel across disciplines and business units, as well as with external advisers.
- Can adapt to a constantly changing, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Has a positive attitude and is eager to learn and willing to take on challenges.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trustgive team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $77,000 – $159,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.