Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model, which combines the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of gathering in person. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few times every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Benefits Analyst to join our People team. The Benefits Analyst will help define and drive our benefits strategy for North America to attract, reward, and retain our highly talented and EAGER team. The Benefits Analyst will work closely with the Total Rewards and People teams to understand how to align our benefits with our company culture, assess ongoing effectiveness, and drive continual iteration and improvements.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Benefits Analyst who wants to build and evolve North American benefits programs of a quickly growing global company. Upon moving to a remote-first hybrid working model, it’s essential to ensure our benefits are consistent and accessible no matter where someone lives and works.
As a Benefits Analyst, you will leverage your experience to provide thought partnership and execute these significant programs and initiatives.
As Grammarly grows, we are refining our total rewards strategy and benefits focus. Your role will play a large part in helping further define and implement our benefits programs for North America (US and Canada).
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate day-to-day benefits processing, including employee questions, new-hire enrollments, life events, and terminations.
- Complete regular and ad hoc audits to ensure that employee benefits coverage, payroll deductions, and vendor invoices are accurate.
- Document, maintain, and streamline procedures for benefits program processes.
- Identify and drive process improvements and proactively refine overall operations.
- Work closely with brokers to evaluate and benchmark our benefits programs based on industry trends and best practices to ensure competitiveness.
- Partner with the Benefits Manager on the execution of annual benefits renewals and enrollment processes.
- Conduct presentations to educate our employees about our benefits programs.
- Provide leave-management support, reporting, vendor management, and policy updates.
- Ensure that all benefits programs are implemented and maintained in compliance with legal requirements and regulatory guidelines (ERISA, ACA, etc.).
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned by the Benefits Manager or Total Rewards Lead.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has experience in North American benefits programs, including administration, compliance, and data analysis.
- Can prioritize and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Has vendor-management experience, including evaluating proposals, modifying benefits materials, handling contract negotiations, and integrating new benefits vendors.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and can maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Has—as a plus—Workday experience.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $94,000 to $192,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trustgive team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.