Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model, which combines the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of gathering in person. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few times every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Canada or the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Manager to own the holistic user experience for Grammarly’s revision suggestions. This role will dive deep into users’ writing needs and context to make Grammarly’s AI-based suggestions intuitive and delightful to use.
As Product Manager for the revision experience, you’ll own the core user experience for helping users improve their writing. You’ll develop new product paradigms to surface the most relevant writing help, reduce complex editing flows to a couple of clicks, and provide anything else needed to make Grammarly more valuable to all our users.
To achieve this goal, you’ll become the expert in how users engage with Grammarly, understanding their pain points and proposing elegant solutions to them. You’ll work across the many teams building new AI-based writing suggestions and integrate their work into a holistic, delightful experience.
In this role, you will:
- Dive deep into existing user research and experimental data, then develop a forward-looking research plan to craft your team’s vision and roadmap.
- Lead brainstorming, write product specs, design experiments, and drive execution to create new features.
- Work closely with design partners to develop user experience principles for all our suggestions.
- Partner with ML engineering teams to understand our existing systems’ characteristics and identify opportunities for new features to solve user problems.
- Evangelize your team’s vision and build alignment for it across multiple product teams.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is energized by user research and understanding how our users engage with the product to identify opportunities to make it better.
- Is excited by design challenges and loves working with designers.
- Is comfortable setting product direction—can take some initial ideas on where to start and set the roadmap.
- Has developed sophisticated metrics to measure the success of complex systems.
- Is excited to take a broad perspective across a wide range of users and use cases.
- Has a solid technical background, with a computer science degree or relevant work experience.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trustgive team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.