Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for some one to lead our Workplace and Real Estate team. The person in this role will be the first global leader for our Workplace and Real Estate team. As a company with offices in three countries—Ukraine, the US, and Canada—that recently moved to a remote-first hybrid model, we’re ready for an experienced Workplace and Real Estate team leader who can help drive a global strategy for our spaces and spearhead programs that help propel engagement and connection, and that keep our team members safe and healthy whether they’re working from a hub location or from home.
As the Head of Workplace and Real Estate, you will be a thought partner to the Global Head of the People team to build out a workplace and real-estate strategy that meets the needs of our remote-first hybrid model. You will also lead and build a vision for a global Workplace Experience team that impacts the overall productivity and well-being of all of Grammarly’s team members.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a global function that includes the Workplace Experience, Real Estate, Design and Construction, Facilities, and Physical Security teams.
- Coach, mentor, and upskill the global Workplace Experience team.
- Create an environment where our Workplace Experience team collaborates globally, with a balanced approach for what’s best for the business, the team, and each person’s career goals.
- Be a culture champion and ensure our workplace culture aligns with our values while supporting business goals.
- Continually look for ways to improve and evolve the use of our spaces.
- Lead the change into a remote-first hybrid workplace culture.
- Help drive connection among team members at Grammarly, both virtually and in person.
- Own the budget for our real-estate portfolio and workplace-experience programming.
- Ensure the in-office experience across all offices aligns with our company culture and values and offers a thoughtful and engaging work environment.
- Ensure the office layout is conducive to a happy and productive team, as well as flexible enough to accommodate future growth within a remote-first hybrid working environment.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has expertise in the areas of the future of work and remote work, as well as a creative approach to employee engagement in a remote-first hybrid environment.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong stakeholder-management skills and can build trust and partnerships with various associates while understanding their needs and perspectives.
- Has excellent judgment and decision-making skills, with an ability to take an analytical approach and use data to solve difficult problems.
- Is organized, efficient, and able to communicate with clarity while driving multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and can keep a team motivated, engaged, and excited about building the future of work at Grammarly.
- Possesses strong change-management skills and an ability to share a vision and gain buy-in for what we’re building.
- Has a passion for building a productive and engaging work environment.
- Has 10+ years of experience working with commercial real estate and negotiating leases and contracts.
- Has 10+ years of experience leading workplace-experience programs, ideally at a high-growth technology company.
- Has experience working with a global real-estate portfolio.
- Has experience using G-Suite and Slack.
- Has experience working at a high-growth tech company with multiple offices and changing needs.
- Has extensive experience managing teams and individuals across several global offices.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.