Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Mobile team. The person in this role will focus on how Grammarly can help our users communicate anywhere they are—be it on the go or in new markets. The Product Designer, Mobile will play a crucial role in reaching our next billion users, and in creating a product that complements our web and desktop interfaces, by addressing mobile-specific user needs.
As a Product Designer on the Mobile team, you will work closely with our UX Research, Product Management, and Engineering teams to shape the user experience that Grammarly offers to all of our individual users. You will gain a deep understanding of our users across product interfaces, and then collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Design teams to create a mobile experience that makes Grammarly truly ubiquitous.
In this high-impact role, you will:
- Design across the mobile interfaces supported by Grammarly: Android and iOS.
- Advocate for the user and inspire the Mobile team to go beyond the status quo.
- Explore new ways for our mobile users to interact with and be assisted by Grammarly.
- Iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning.
- Lead individual products and feature directions from ideation to implementation.
- Partner with developers to bring world-class user interfaces to life.
- Collaborate with the Design System team to curate and implement new interaction patterns and aesthetics.
- Collaborate with product managers to create and develop both features and their success metrics.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Marketing teams to ensure products and features are represented and communicated correctly.
- Collaborate with leaders on the Design and Product teams to define Grammarly’s accessibility standards.
- Scale features across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has 7+ years of experience shipping mobile products that people love, ideally B2C and/or C2C.
- Is a master of their craft, specifically interaction and visual design.
- Leverages research to develop hypotheses and inform design decisions.
- Iterates on designs using A/B tests, usability testing, and customer interviews.
- Has product-thinking, problem-solving, goal-setting, and prioritization skills.
- Is a self-starter who collaborates with others to drive projects to completion.
- Inspires and mentors colleagues, sharing processes, skills, and experience to level up the team.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $80,000 – $220,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.