Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for Data Scientists at all levels of experience—early career, senior, staff, and tech lead—to work with product partners to understand our users, contribute to product and growth strategy, and develop fundamental measurement frameworks.
Data Scientists at Grammarly are trusted subject matter experts who uncover new insights to inform product and growth strategy. Our Data Scientists work with teams that build our core product features, demonstrate the value of our product to users, and empower people to use Grammarly everywhere they write. We have large datasets and are looking for folks with deep technical and analytical skills to break down complex business problems to provide solutions with high visibility and impact for the company.
Grammarly’s Data Scientists have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product and growth roadmap. The complexity of the technical questions we face is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Take on a broad scope of work and an evolving role in a rapidly growing company.
- Conduct deep-dive analyses into user behavior.
- Quantitatively study large user segments.
- Develop user segment targeting strategy.
- Drive direction on the Product and Growth teams.
- Identify new product and growth opportunities.
- Opportunity-size new strategic levers.
- Provide data-driven solutions to complex product and growth questions.
- Define advanced metrics.
- Advise on experimentation strategy.
- Identify strategic data needs.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Holds a PhD or master’s degree in a quantitative field.
- Has 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Has experience as an influential and effective thought partner to product teams.
- Demonstrates strong communication, proactiveness, creativity, and prioritization skills.
- Has strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as a strong bias toward actionable insights.
- Has experience helping others understand numbers.
- Has practical experience in data analysis, statistics, and experimentation.
- Is proficient in SQL, Python, R, Scala, or an equivalent language.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The base salary range (excluding equity) for this position is $156,000-286,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.