Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Please note our Kyiv hub is currently closed, but we hope the time comes soon when we can reunite with team members there. We continue to provide support to our Ukraine team members displaced within and outside of Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Software Engineer in Security Tooling and Automation to join our Product Security team. This role will have a substantial impact on the security of the Grammarly product family and the cloud infrastructure behind it. We are looking for a developer eager to help a talented engineering team continue to build a state-of-the-art web service by creating and integrating automated security tooling into SDLC.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Software Engineer in Security Tooling and Automation at Grammarly, you will:
- Build security tooling and automation for internal use that enable the Security team to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Integrate SAST/DAST in CI/CD and operational pipelines.
- Conduct research of security tools that can be used in the organization and integrate them as needed.
- Collaborate with Grammarly team members on security scanning of company repositories.
- Facilitate developer productivity in security by helping developers fix bugs faster using automated tools.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is excited by internet security issues, automation, software engineering technologies, cloud architectures, and threat landscape concepts.
- Has at least 3 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Can deliver maintainable and high-quality code, preferably on Python or Go, JS.
- Is familiar with software development methodologies, processes, and tools including version control systems, package managers, and build tools (such as npm, pip, sbt, Gradle or Maven).
- Is familiar with modern DevOps practices and tools, especially Docker.
- Is a good communicator with the ability to collaborate effectively, empathetically, and proactively on a tightly integrated team.
- Has previous experience in networking or network security, cloud orchestration, or Security Operations.
- Has knowledge of cloud security best practices and vulnerabilities, infrastructure security (bare metal), OS, container, or general application security.
- Has prior experience in continuous security cycle implementation for web applications.
- Has experience in software supply chain security.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.