Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our new Enterprise Growth Engineering team. This role will be to build a growth team that is focused on Grammarly Business. This role will hire and lead a talented team of software engineers focusing on account and revenue growth, focusing specifically on SMB and enterprise customers. The role will also work cross-functionally with many teams across the company and will be working closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Enterprise Product teams.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As an Engineering Manager, you will build a team that helps enterprise customers find and get value from Grammarly with the least friction possible. The team will work closely with the Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, User Research, and Product Engineering teams to identify friction points, quickly test different hypotheses, and work together to creatively hit goals.
As Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for a significant and fast-growing revenue stream: our self-service Grammarly Business product offering.
- Quickly build a team of exceptional engineers.
- Empower the Engineering team to achieve a high level of reliability, simplicity, and productivity.
- Foster a metrics-driven engineering culture focused on impact and rapid experimentation.
- Mentor engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Drive engineering-wide initiatives with the rest of the Engineering Management team.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Demonstrates a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams.
- Has the analytical ability to systematically break down ambiguous problems and build an execution plan.
- Will put the user first when reasoning about trade-offs.
- Leads by example and sets the right context for decisions.
- Has familiarity with the work of a growth engineering team (previous experience is desirable but not required).
- Is passionate about helping millions of users across the world communicate more effectively, every day.
- Is deeply technical but derives satisfaction from helping your team accomplish audacious goals.
- Cares deeply, not only about the work but also how that work is accomplished.
- Thrives in environments where it’s necessary to make decisions with incomplete information but can change course when presented with new data.
- Likes working at multiple levels of the technical stack.
- Is curious and has a learning mindset.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $192,000– $286,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.