Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our IT team. This person will partner with the operation teams, especially the Finance team, to analyze and design flow, existing working processes, data integrations, and automation. They will work on process improvements by using corporate business system capabilities to increase automation, integration, reduce manual work, and improve data quality.
Grammarly has 200+ different tech services that need to be united into one corporate solution platform. The Solution Engineer will build project plans, maintain business workflows, and collaborate with other functions to prioritize process improvements, workflow automation, and data integrations. The Solution Engineer will be a technical point-of-contact for the assigned functional areas and assist subject matter experts in ensuring data integrity, testing business system changes, and analyzing data flow for process improvement opportunities. This person will also keep track of finance system updates and inform stakeholders about significant changes. They will support business system upgrades, patches, testing, and other technical projects.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As Solution Engineer, you will focus on all the NetSuite-related projects and tasks as well as integration between NetSuite and other finance applications. You will work to define a roadmap on how to convert Grammarly services into a corporate solution and will gather requirements between different operation teams and define cross-processes.
In this role, you will be able to learn modern finance enterprise cloud services: NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, Celigo, ADP, Workiva, Klarity, and OneSource. You will also learn the latest technical solutions for data availability and security as well as cooperate with the Finance, HR, WXP, Security, and Compliance teams. This is an opportunity to adopt more technologies and services and grow further within the IT team.
- Within your first 30 days, you will dive deep on Grammarly’s processes, systems, and policies, our current service level and delivery, and previous program cycle cadence and content. You will build relationships with the IT team, Accounting team (Finance), Reporting team (Finance), Tax team (Finance), GRC, Security teams, Legal team, and WXP team.
- By month three, you will analyze current processes, policies, and systems and review process design in Finance. You will have learned about NetSuite deployment and configuration, run patch-management and simple integrations with other cloud-based services, and created a project plan and collaborated with key stakeholders for NetSuite.
- By month six, you will be a technical owner for NetSuite and will have learned more about Concur, Coupa, Celigo, ADP, Workiva, Klarity, OneSource, and integration to build solutions. You will also work on processes redesign, including processes documentation, as well as identify areas for automation and implement processes that help to minimize or avoid manual work.
- By month nine, you will prioritize systems, tools, policies, and compliance for 2022. This will include key systems, integrations, data flow, processes redesign, and automation.
- By the end of year one, you will achieve solutions foundations and continual improvement to support managers and team members in program goals. You will continue to deliver excellence in customer service and best-in-class support to our team.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 3+ years of experience as system administrator for finance applications and finance process systems.
- Brings deep technical expertise in NetSuite administration (deployment, configuration, interaction, and maintenance).
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and the skillset to lead a complex project for a big group of people with many moving pieces.
- Has experience in finance applications: Concur, Coupa, Celigo, ADP, Workiva, Klarity, and OneSource.
- Has experience in the maintenance of cloud-based services like IAM, GCP, AWS, and Azure (nice to have).
- Has experience in conducting training, including developing user procedures, guidelines, and documentation, and trains team members on new processes/functionality, as well as trains new system users.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $141,000 - $259,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.