Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Please note our Kyiv hub is currently closed, but we hope the time comes soon when we can reunite with team members there. We continue to provide support to our Ukraine team members displaced within and outside of Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Mac Desktop Integrations team. This team will be responsible for the end-to-end development of an entirely new product offering that will help deliver Grammarly’s sophisticated AI system to Mac users. We aim to help users achieve their goals anywhere they communicate. That’s why we are integrating Grammarly with the Mac platform: to make effective and mistake-free writing even more ubiquitous. This Software Engineer will work with a team of engineers fueled by creativity and exploration.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Software Engineer on the Mac Desktop Integrations team, you will build a new complex and multifaceted product offering, which will offer you opportunities for creativity and innovative problem-solving.
In your role as Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to creating the foundation of a robust and well-thought-out architecture.
- Innovate to break through technical limitations and deliver delightful features.
- Build non-trivial UX solutions with complex UI elements.
- Achieve minimum latency while working with complex documents.
- Ensure the product is performant by applying your knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Develop shared components used in different Grammarly product offerings built for Apple platforms.
- Use Swift, AppKit, and CoreGraphics in your work while employing best engineering practices.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has strong knowledge of Swift; OOD and OOP; and multithreading (GCD).
- Brings strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Is fluent in engineering best practices: code review, test coverage, and monitoring.
- Is excited about finding an optimal solution in situations of uncertainty.
- Enjoys fast-paced delivery and a consistent feedback loop.
- Has experience developing desktop applications that work with Mac Internals (preferred, but not required).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.