Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Growth team, whose work directly impacts millions of users. This group is made up of curious lifelong learners who get excited about solving novel technical challenges at scale. The Growth team is responsible for improving such various business metrics as upgrade rates, retention, and lifetime value across our broad product suite. As the company grows, the amount of large cross-functional projects grows with it, demanding a dedicated role to oversee this new collaboration and coordination.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As Technical Program Manager, Growth, you will have the opportunity to drive a huge impact at a growing company. Grammarly is uniquely positioned to continue defining the digital writing assistance category, but this comes with significant challenges. Our teams build lightweight, intuitive user experiences atop an increasingly powerful AI backend. Finding the right balance and driving growth metrics while maintaining consistency across a rapidly growing team demands high-level thought leadership and smooth processes.
In this role, you will:
- Work through ambiguity, helping to drive growth-related projects across multiple teams at Grammarly.
- Identify opportunities, requirements, and risks that are associated with Growth programs; define milestones and success criteria; and manage schedules.
- Be responsible for programs in the Marketing group, which entails developing a deep understanding of the Marketing strategies, objectives, and key initiatives driving success for the business and collaborating to efficiently accomplish work with teams.
- Effectively communicate the above, both to the team and to leadership.
- Develop and maintain scalable processes and assist with resource allocation.
- Ensure priorities are aligned across all relevant teams and take steps to remove roadblocks to this alignment.
- Take a holistic view across the greater Growth Engineering group and Marketing organization, identifying points to improve collaboration/reuse and reduce redundancy.
- Exercise technical judgment in evaluating projects and their potential solutions.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 5 years of professional work experience with customer-facing products.
- Is driven to proactively identify issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Applies their technical expertise to care about the details without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Communicates effectively with their peers, executives, and independent contributors.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $156,000-$286,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.