Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our Kyiv hub must be based in Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Tech Lead to join our Mac Desktop Integrations team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end development of an entirely new product offering that will help deliver Grammarly’s sophisticated AI-powered product to Mac users. This Tech Lead will work with a team of engineers fueled by creativity and exploration and will focus on keeping the project moving by planning, anticipating roadblocks, and setting standards within the team.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Tech Lead on the Mac Desktop Integrations team, you will build a new complex and multifaceted product offering, which will offer you opportunities for creativity and innovative problem-solving.
In your role as Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to creating the foundation of a robust and well-thought-out architecture.
- Innovate to break through technical limitations and deliver delightful features.
- Build non-trivial UX solutions with complex UI elements.
- Achieve minimum latency while working with complex documents.
- Ensure the product is performant by applying your knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Develop shared components used in different Grammarly product offerings built for Apple platforms.
- Use Swift, AppKit, and CoreGraphics in your work while employing best engineering practices.
In your role as a Tech Lead, you will:
- Help shape the forming team, define the technical roadmap and engineering practices, and facilitate technical decisions.
- Be the primary point of contact in collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams to create shared modules, set up infrastructure, and provide a technical perspective.
- Stay in line with the technical objectives and challenges on the company level by participating in technical discussions involving multiple teams.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Brings strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has strong knowledge of Swift; OOD and OOP; and multithreading (GCD).
- Can think strategically on the new product architecture and team practices and has experience planning execution and delivering complex projects.
- Is fluent in engineering best practices: code review, test coverage, test stability, monitoring, oncall, and more.
- Sets a bar of individual productivity and sets ambitious goals for the team.
- Is excited about finding an optimal solution in situations of uncertainty.
- Enjoys fast-paced delivery and a consistent feedback loop.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.