Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until September 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Design Manager for Grammarly Business to join our Product Design team. At Grammarly, we are expanding upon our mission of improving lives by improving communication by helping businesses, enterprises, organizations, and other professional teams achieve business results through better communication. To support this tremendous opportunity for growth with a global reach, we are looking for a visionary and empathetic design leader. In partnership with our Product and Engineering teams, our Design Manager for Grammarly Business will help shape Grammarly Business’s strategy and will build a team to deliver on that vision.
As Design Manager, you will work closely with leadership on Product, Engineering, and Design teams to continue to define, shape, and grow Grammarly Business’s strategy and provide your team with clarity of purpose and direction. In addition, you will align cross-functional stakeholders and build trust across teams. You will also balance creating a culture of exploration and learning with delivering a high-quality product experience.
In this high-impact role, you will:
- Partner with User Experience Research to ensure a focus on users’ needs throughout the product-development process.
- Collaborate with the broader Design team to maintain a cohesive and consistent user experience throughout Grammarly’s product portfolio.
- Identify the necessary team profile and create and execute accordingly on a talent-development plan.
- Foster a culture of safety, experimentation, learning, and delivery.
- Establish Grammarly Business as a best-in-class example of user experience in the enterprise industry.
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 5 or more years of experience managing creative teams.
- Harnesses excellent written and verbal communication to encourage alignment across functions and departments.
- Is excited about working with ambiguity and being part of a cross-functional team in shaping a greenfield area.
- Focuses relentlessly on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Understands how to be proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ skills and experiences.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.