Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter in one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of a hub. Read more about our remote-first hybrid model.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
The Design team at Grammarly is responsible for delivering assets for a wide range of product and marketing initiatives, including our brand, marketing campaigns, product offerings, and research. To support our growing organization, we’re looking for a seasoned Head of Brand and Marketing Design. As a member of the Design Leadership team, you will report to the Head of Design. As a functional leader, you will take responsibility for the people, processes, and structures to deliver world-class design at scale.
You will evolve Grammarly's brand aesthetic toward our goal of creating and owning a new product category and establishing world-class marketing campaigns and brand expressions. As a leader, you’ll anticipate challenges and opportunities to mitigate risk. You will align cross-functional stakeholders and build trust across teams. You will play a key role in shaping the future direction of the broader Marketing, Creative, Content, and Design teams.
The Design team is responsible for projects that directly impact business goals and metrics. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of creative professionals to execute against brand and marketing initiatives and adapt to brand and marketing guidelines for various tactics.
- Own, maintain, and evolve Grammarly's brand identity and visual expression across product and marketing initiatives based on strategy directed by the Brand Marketing team.
- Partner with marketing, product, and executive stakeholders to define strategy and lead the development of creative concepts delivered through all media channels: advertising, video, web, social, mobile, and apps.
- Manage, mentor, and train design staff to retain employees and uphold quality standards: manage performance reviews and goal setting for direct reports; establish professional development plans for team members.
- Ensure the cohesion and mutual integration of imagery, promotions, and visual marketing strategies.
- Ensure a consistent, world-class aesthetic is present through all of the company’s touchpoints across product and marketing efforts.
- Establish and maintain cohesive and successful partnerships with designers and design managers, helping them set goals and priorities.
- Foster communication and collaboration across functional teams within and outside of the Marketing department.
- Be responsible for efficient quarterly planning and on-budget fiscal performance of the creative organization, and passionate about the business success of Grammarly's creative output.
- Identify and partner with various international agencies to support creative development and creative execution.
- Evaluate talent for employment and freelancing; commission third-party agencies and production partners when needed.
- Lead creative and production teams to ship design solutions that meet business and marketing needs, on brief and in defined SLAs.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has proven track record as an individual contributor developing identities and systems for leading B2C and/or B2B brands to create consistent brand experiences across marketing and product surfaces.
- Has operationalized brand design systems across marketing channels for rapidly scaling organizations, with an emphasis on digital creative strategy, testing, and optimization focusing on video-first and discovery-based content platforms, offline media experiences, and web marketing.
- Has deep experience scaling brand design systems across multiple markets, including localization, cultural nuance, and sensitivity considerations for international markets.
- Has been part of high-output marketing and product environments, with considerable knowledge of content marketing, lifecycle marketing, D2C/B2B differentiation.
- Has led successful, high-performing brand and marketing design studio operations at scale through a solid balance of creative direction and operational efficiency.
- Can hire, motivate, manage performance, and match individuals to roles that play to their talents. (Experience managing through managers is a plus.)
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.