Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Business Systems team. This role will be responsible for building and leading a team that will design, build, and integrate the applications, services, data, and processes that connect the dots between Engineering, Marketing, and Sales organizations. There will be a wide range of challenges and opportunities for the team to build services and APIs, create new applications, integrate first-party and third-party applications, and design systems for data storage and analytics. Grammarly’s Engineering Manager for Business Systems will work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify requirements, assess business impact, create roadmaps, and deliver solutions for these essential go-to-market systems. As the leader of this new team, this role will be critical in achieving Grammarly’s aggressive growth goals.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
Business Systems is a brand-new and fast-growing team. There will be many opportunities for leadership and growth as we move fast to build solutions for our go-to-market functions.
As Engineering Manager of this team, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with various technical and non-technical stakeholders across a large part of Grammarly to analyze use cases and requirements and prioritize requests.
- Evaluate systems and technology we have in place today while also proposing systems and architecture that can scale for the future.
- Build a team of 4–5 engineers over the next few quarters.
- Help the team evaluate and integrate third-party solutions as necessary in partnership with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Help the team design and implement new services and systems while maintaining and eventually migrating existing solutions to the new architecture.
- Help the team build systems for data storage and analytics that live outside of first-party systems and power insights for the Marketing and Sales organizations.
- Learn new skills as the charter of the team grows to support more functions across the company.
- Support and fine-tune a massive growth engine and get a close view of the business side of Grammarly.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams in business systems and applications development and/or enterprise SaaS environment. (Practical experience delivering sales and marketing projects is a plus).
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience (prior to becoming a manager).
- Can figure out company/function/team priorities and needs, create corresponding requirements, and iterate with the engineering team to refine and adapt to reality; can balance priorities of different stakeholders.
- Has strong project management and operational acumen to deliver on multiple projects at high quality.
- Is able to effectively judge technical talent both for their team as part of recruiting for their team.
- Has experience with distributed systems and microservices and API platforms, and has an understanding of data storage and migration strategies.
- Has experience designing and building integrations between first-party and third-party applications and services.
- Has understanding of common marketing technology concepts such as content management systems (CMS), A/B testing, and SEO.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.