Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until September 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Head of Business Operations to join and grow our Business Operations team. This role will work closely with senior managers on high-impact initiatives with broad functional exposure. The Head of Business Operations will apply strategic and data-driven analyses to provide actionable business insights cross-functionally. As a key member of the BizOps team, they will be uniquely positioned to have a direct impact while helping to scale a category-defining hypergrowth company.
You’ll join the recently established and growing BizOps team to drive conceptual and analytical insights and provide operational support that will allow the company to propel itself to the next level. You will be the founding Head of Business Operations at our company—an ideal role for someone who is interested in flexing their talents at a high-growth, profitable technology company that genuinely cares about and values- and data-driven decision-making. You will have exposure to a broad range of functions—from Finance to Growth to Product to People Operations. You will also have the opportunity to build out and lead a team of analysts/associates over the next 1–2 years.
As Grammarly’s Head of Business Operations, you will:
- Apply your problem-solving and effective creativity by collaborating with senior team members on a new market entry strategy.
- Help build data-based/qualitative retrospectives and projections with input from functional leads across the company.
- Lead focused external market research on such critical issues as organizational performance and health.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 10+ years work experience, including at least 3 years on a high-growth SaaS startup’s Business Operations team (along with prior experience at a consulting firm and experience having mentored analysts and associates across multiple, diverse projects).
- Can make decisions with incomplete data and consider alternative scenarios.
- Breaks existing setups in favor of more effective or appealing ones.
- Turns beliefs into action while serving, helping, and connecting others.
- Is disciplined and has a need to apply structure to life.
- Communicates accurately, clearly, and effectively, especially in writing.
- Has an analytical mindset and approach.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.